The peaceful sanctuary focuses on raw vegan living foods, sacred arts and authentic Balinese healing traditions, such as deep bodywork, energy movement and meditation. There is a magical, nurturing energy that permeates the property, which features tropical ponds and lush gardens. Passing visitors can drop in for a treatment, lunch or an evening event. However, there are only nine suites. So if you plan to stay for a few nights, be sure to book ahead. Come with your partner for a romantic getaway (Fivelements also offers honeymoon and wedding holidays), or enjoy a transformational wellness retreat on your own.
Fivelements’ Sakti Dining Room has won numerous awards for its raw-food cuisine, taking plant-based living foods to the next level. The gastronomical journey not only nurtures the physical body, but also mind and soul. Supporting local Balinese farmers, only the best organic seasonal ingredients are sourced, honoring the connection we have with the earth. The menu features veggie soups, dahls, super-food salads, delicious raw desserts, as well as fresh juices and smoothies. And for fine dining aficionados, there’s even a seven-course raw-food tasting menu. The great thing is, you can eat at anytime that accommodates your schedule and you can also enjoy your meals in your villa.
Guests who are interested in doing something for their well-being can select one of three retreats, which can be personalized depending on their needs and expectations, as well as their current health. Choose between the Rejuvenation Retreat, Detox Retreat and the Culinary Retreat. Their most popular one, Signature Rejuvenation Retreat, Panca Mahabhuta, can range from 3 to 21 nights and focuses on regeneration, replenishment and alignment. Balinese-inspired spa treatments, such as chakra balancing, are at the forefront of the wellness experiences at Fivelements, giving guests a better understanding of the ancient wisdoms that have been passed down through the direct lineage of these Balinese healers. Coupled with sacred arts such as yoga and nutritious living foods, these wellness journeys call for unique spiritual experiences, allowing you to refocus and gain a sense of renewal. Also, keep an eye out for the Master Series, a range of workshop retreats with visiting practitioners, which can last from one to several days.
Suites from US$270 per night. The Rejuvenation Retreat, Panca Mahabhuta starts at US$2,620 for a 3-night stay, including meals, spa treatments and wellness therapies.
WHAT WE LOVE
- The Watsu water therapy session is a must! Aquatic bodywork can help release a number of issues and anxiety in connection with water, and it is often compared to being in a mother’s womb or floating through space.
- Enjoy an al fresco floral bath and let your worries slip away as you relax to the soothing sounds of the Ayung River flowing past beneath you.
- The food at Fivelements is an absolute dream. The scrumptious vegan dishes are extremely nutritious and nurturing and won’t leave you craving for anything else.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- There’s a monthly full moon fire ceremony, Agni Hotra. Try to book your stay around this date to experience this transformational healing ceremony.
- Fivelements is built around a sacred space, a power source. Opt for a quiet meditation right on top of this power spot to recharge and rejuvenate.
9 suites (including 1 one-bedroom pool suite, 1 two-bedroom pool suite)
A pool overlooking the Ayung River offers plenty of opportunity to soak up some vitamin D. There is also a heated water healing pool, which is only used for Watsu treatments.
The spa focuses on Balinese healing treatments and also specializes in beauty rituals using fresh local ingredients that you can eat, such as lemongrass, aloe vera and ginger.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
Resort chic. Guests are really chilled and down to earth.
WHEN YOU SHOULD GO
The best time to visit is during the dryer months from March – October.