The Coral Triangle in Indonesia spans 6 million square kilometers, expanding across 6 countries from the Philippines to Timor-Leste, with 17,000 islands alone in Indonesia, containing over 76% of all known coral species in the world, more than 3,000 species of fish, including the largest – the whale shark, as well as 6 of the world’s 7 species of marine turtles.
The perfect way to explore the treasures the Coral Triangle has to offer is to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime journey on the wooden Sequoia yacht by Coral Triangle Safaris, complete with five-star facilities and services.
Itineraries include Komodo, Flores, Banda Sea, Wakatobi, Kaimana and Raja Ampat.
LUXURY ON A BOAT
Sailing aboard the 26-metre Sequoia yacht is the ultimate luxury experience for ocean lovers, offering guests a 360-degree view of the most pristine waters on this planet.
The sky deck allows for endless breathtaking vistas from morning to evening, and guests enjoy al fresco breakfast and dinner up here, movie nights, as well as the opportunity to sleep under the stars.
The fun isn’t just underwater though. Expect island excursions, such as climbing one of the grand volcanoes and getting to know the vibrant cultures and traditions in the regions.
Either way, the Sequoia team waits on you hand and foot. With a crew of 10 people, a gourmet kitchen and two luxurious suites, the yacht is ideal for 2 couples (you can add beds for kids) or friends who like to share.
The Coral Triangle is a marine wonderland with the majority of Raja Ampat being a protected area where fishing isn’t allowed (no-take zone), which means that this remote part of the world has turned into an underwater paradise, being one of the most bio-diverse regions on this earth, spanning 828 sq km of protected habitat that is home to a number of endangered species. Enjoy some of the most stunning dive sites this planet has to offer, and rest assured that snorkeling is just as impressive. Swim with schools of tropical fish, turtles, stingrays, blacktip reef sharks and discover animals unique to this region, such as cute nudibranches, pygmy seahorses, wobbegongs, crocodilefish and much more.
Sequoia boasts 2 luxurious suites where you can add extra beds for children or friends.
It’s ideal for 2 couples or friends who want to share.
Sequoia has a massage therapist who travels with you and also accompanies you to various deserted islands. So expect daily massages on the yacht, as well as some serious pampering while taking in breathtaking vistas and enjoying delectable picnics on remote beaches.
WHAT WE LOVE
- Sequoia makes you feel safe and secure to make this a trip of a lifetime.
- The sense of freedom that comes with the ability to decide which island, reef or lagoon you want to visit.
- You can earn a PADI dive card, snorkel, kayak, SUP and indulge in many other activities.
- Enjoy exploring islands, lagoons and beaches seemingly untouched by time.
- The food on Sequoia is exquisite. It’s freshly prepared, using local produce.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Raja Ampat for instance is so remote that there is practically no Wi-Fi on any of these trips. So be prepared for a digital detox.
- There is however a satellite telephone for emergencies.
- There may be times when the water gets a bit choppy and the chance of sea sickness increases.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
Be prepared for some serious barefoot luxury, spending most of your time in a bikini or swimming trunks. Kaftans and relaxed beachwear at breakfast and dinner.
WHEN YOU SHOULD GO
June – July: Komodo
August/September: East Flores / Wakatobi
October: Banda Islands / Kaimana
November – March: Raja Ampat
April: Kaimana / Banda Sea
The 2018 rate is $7,260 per night for Sequoia Yacht and includes:
- All government tax and service including gratuities “tips”
- All beverages including spirits, wine, and beer
- All a la carte customized menu
- Massage and spa treatments
- All PADI dive certification up to advanced open water
- All water and island activities including diving and snorkeling gear, kayak, SUP, waterski, and tubing.
- All harbor and national park fees
- Pick up and drop off at the airport
- Professional crew comprised of cruise director, licensed captain, executive chef, skipper, engineer, butler, dive instructor, and masseur
- Concierge service travel anywhere in Indonesia
- Airfare and hotel transit are not included.