Baccarat Hotel New York delights guests by combining the noble heritage and perfect craft of the legendary French crystal company with a modern flair and elements of unexpected magic. The hotel has been conceived in the style of a sumptuous hôtel particulier by Paris-based interior design firm, Gilles & Boissier.
The Midtown Manhattan tower features a prismatic glass facade, which fittingly recalls the radiance of Baccarat crystal and subtly reflects and refracts light across its 50 stories.
The hotel interiors have been imagined and designed by acclaimed French designer duo Dorothée Boissiers and Patricks Gilles and each and every room of the hotel is accented with Baccarat crystal and touches of Baccarat signature red.
In the lobby, a fascinating LED lights illuminated wall formed with 1,824 Harcourt (Baccarat’s oldest and most iconic design) crystal glasses welcomes the guests who can then unwind in the peace and quiet of the plush salons, surrounded by re-contextualized Baccarat crystal elements illuminated by custom-made crystal chandeliers.
In the rooms and suites, a lavish custom-designed Baccarat-red enamel minibar offers Baccarat glasses and silverware while bathroom amenities have been exclusively imagined by Parisian perfumer Maison Francis Kurkdjian based on Baccarat Rouge 540, an oriental fragrance launched in 2015. Press the Champagne button on the telephone to order your favorite vintage, it will be delivered to you accompanied by signature Baccarat fluted glasses.
The hotel features an exclusive art collection, created by French curators Stéphanie and Frédéric Chambre, and spanning the major aesthetic movements from 1764, founding year of Baccarat, to present days. An eclectic and unique collection.
Baccarat Hotel New York has also commissioned 11 artists to revisit the iconic Baccarat Harcourt glass and incorporate it into art. These unique pieces are displayed in lit glasses vitrines at the landing of the rooms and suites.
CHEF GABRIEL KREUTHER
The Grand Salon, opened to both hotel guests and outside visitors, serves French-inspired cuisine from Michelin Star chef Gabriel Kreuther and offers a mix of exclusive creations and Alsatian signatures from the chef namesake Gabriel Kreuther Restaurant.
Rooms start at US$745 in low season.
WHAT WE LOVE
- The Bar with its stunning design inspired by the stables of Versailles and its terrace overlooking the MoMA
- The Ladurée treats in the minibar. How chic?
- There is quite a unique library in the Grand Salon. The shelves feature books, each one with a different year tag ranging from 1764 (founding year of Baccarat) to today. Guest books are waiting for visitors to leave notes for their friends and family to tell them to visit the hotel and try to find the message you have left for them
- Afternoon Tea at Baccarat Hotel New York is a serious and very chic business. Guests will be treated to specialty blends of Mariage Frères tea brewed by the Tea Sommelier and paired with chef-selected canapés and petit fours
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Luxury house car service is available to guests for riding around New York City in style anywhere within 15 blocks of the hotel
- While the Grand Salon is opened to outside guests, the adjacent Petit Salon is only open to hotel guests and welcomes them in the peace and comfort of its smoked oak walls and emerald green velvet settees
- The sleek skyscraper welcoming Baccarat Hotel New York also features a separate residential lobby and 60 elegant residences designed by interior master Tony Ingrao.
- Guests staying at the Baccarat Hotel New York will enjoy VIP White Glove Service at the Madison Baccarat Boutique
114 rooms and suites ranging from the Atelier King to the Baccarat Two Bedrooms Suite. All rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows, sitting areas, and custom jacquard linen by Mascioni.
The hotel welcomes the only Spa de la Mer in the United-States. The subterranean Spa de la Mer is hidden away below the hotel’s entrance and designed to recall luxurious moments by the sea. The design of Spa de la Mer brings the La Mer brand to life with luxurious textures and a soothing color palette. Each of the four intimate treatment room is adorned with a beautiful mural of sea kelp hand painted by New York artists, Lynda White and Jeff Wood. Custom Baccarat crystal sconces line the space, casting a warm glow.
There is a 50-foot indoor black-and-white marble-tiled pool surround by luxurious day beds in alcoves.
Baccarat Hotel New York
28 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019