Soft molded walls frame the sumptuous suites of Kapari Natural Resort, a sanctuary offering its guests a shadowed haven idyllically located on the cliff top of the peaceful village of Imerovigli. Stretches of the deepest sapphire blue is what meets the eye at every archway and alcove, offering unobstructed views of the volcanic caldera and sparkling Aegean Sea below. Organic in its sophistication, Kapari boasts zero sharp angles. The resort is a creation of indulgent cubist forms and consists purely of curved corners with hot tubs and shower alcoves of sensual bends and smoothed ledges.
Begin your stay with a sweet iced cocktail and fresh fruit, peruse the big blue from the comfort of the restaurant terrace while the ever smiling staff pop your luggage into the cool awaiting suites. A bottle of chilled white wine and two glasses in hand, slip into the bubbling hot tubs and soak away the stiffness and tension from the journey. Hike to the Venetian castle ruins on Skaros rock, daydream the day away by the scenic infinity pool and have a taste of delicious fresh salads and seafood poolside. Hire a mini yacht and sail around the volcanic caldera where fish are scarce and water temperature is warm. Explore the striking red and black beaches, cliff dive into the sea hand in hand with the locals, taste test the delicate and robust at Santorini’s wineries and devour mouthwateringly fresh seafood at the many picturesque cliff side restaurants, watching with a sigh as the sky fades from grapefruit to indigo.
Promoting sustainable tourism, the restoration of Kapari from a three-hundred-year-old cave is a well-thought-out construction created purely from traditional materials to maintain the authentic personality of Santorini within the core foundation of the building. Though Kapari’s aesthetic is all about natural and organic forms, it boasts an impressively intelligent technology system and employs high tech smart meters in each suite to monitor energy consumption and utilizes a geothermal pump method to minimalize hot water and electricity usage. Fresh seafood and produce are sourced from local fishermen and farmers, local wineries play a big part on the sommeliers choice menus and the guides that are employed are mainly native Santorinians.
SEAFOOD AND EAT IT
Freshly sizzled fish, smoky grilled octopus and creamy black pasta are some of the exquisite delights served at the Kapari Wine Restaurant. Overlooking jaw-dropping views of the never ending horizon, sip on a crisp glass of champagne or sample a smooth local white whilst tasting the silky Grecian olive oil and foamy bread. As the sun dips below the horizon, the clouds turn a sharp magenta and temperatures start to cool, a sip of warm rich seafood stew is just what the belly needs before indulging in heartier fare of lobster linguini and juicy lamb chops. As the stars start to blink and flicker, couples edge closer and families talk softer, the ambiance is muted as the candlelit restaurant starts to wind down and the smell of rock salt and toasted garlic drifts away and fades to nothing.
Room rates start at US$470 a night in the cosy ‘Vanilla Rooms’, US$590 for the comfortable ‘Premium rooms’. A ‘Spa Premium Room’ with creamy indoor hot tubs and terrace go for around US$710, and the ‘Kapari Up & High’ at US$1,120 a night featuring a vast secluded outdoor Jacuzzi, concealed private terrace and exclusive location at the top of the establishment.
Kapari also offers private residence options for bigger groups of guests who would be interested in booking out entire areas of the hotel. Price and availability offered upon request.
WHAT WE LOVE
- Kapari Natural Resorts is heaven on earth. It is the quintessential Santorini escape at a stylish and sustainable oasis, the perfect retreat for some romance, relaxation and pampering.
- Think deep blues against creamy whites. Waking up every morning is easy when the views are this extraordinary. Insta-drool-worthy, no filter needed.
- Don’t miss out on a hot tub dip with a glass of chilled bubbly. Room service a bottle and two glasses, and slip into the tub in time to watch the sun set over the horizon.
- Kapari is the only Greek representative in National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World list.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The main pool is shared between all fourteen suites and could get crowded during peak times. Get down there early and bag your seats and umbrellas.
- Kapari is only a thirty minute drive from Santorini Airport (JTR). The hotel offers a shuttle service (price on request).
- Kapari has a minimum guest age policy of fourteen and above.
- Surrounding restaurants are maximum a five-minute walk away. Be sure to venture out and try some of the exquisite dishes nearby restaurants have to offer.
14 luxury villas, most with private or semi-private indoor and outdoor hot tubs. Spa premiums come with private indoor hot tubs, suites are duplex and have a semi private outdoor cave hot tub.
The main pool is a beautiful intimate infinity pool that boasts an enjoyable poolside menu of healthy Greek cuisine.
The resort does not have a spa, but massages and treatments can be prearranged by the resort upon request.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
Guests dress in relaxed clothing. Resort chic for dinner.
WHEN YOU SHOULD GO
High season from June – August, cloud free blue skies every day.
Cloud and rain frequent from November – February.
Kapari Natural Resort
Imerovigli Santorini, 84700
+30 22860 21120