Located a short drive away from Cape Town’s city center and the trendy beach of Camps Bay, The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa is an award-winning retreat, offering guests the opportunity to unwind to the soothing sound of crashing waves, while enjoying unrivalled views of both the Atlantic Ocean and Table Mountain, one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. Whether overlooking the mountains or the sea, all of the 55 rooms and 15 suites offer some of the city’s most stunning views.
Surrounded by nothing but peace of the Table Mountain National Park, The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa offers the ultimate setting for a wellness break. On top of verdant valleys, vineyards, majestic mountain ranges and dramatic ocean views, Cape Town is also the land of Fynbos, a vegetation unique to the region. This unique variety of native plants has inspired the treatment menu at The Twelve Apostles Spa. This eco-friendly range of products by B|Africa has been developed exclusively for the Red Carnation Hotel Collection and features native African plant extracts and natural goodness of the sea. Treatments can be enjoyed in one of the seven single or couple’s treatment rooms or at one of the two outdoor Gazebos with the Atlantic Ocean stretching in front of you. Before and after treatments, guests are invited to enjoy access to the traditional Arabic Razul Chamber, the rain showers, the exclusive saltwater floatation pool, as well as hot and cold plunge pools to rebalance their body’s metabolism. Spa facilities are completed with an outside heated infinity pool overlooking the ocean, which sometimes offers whale and dolphin sighting opportunities, and a rock pool hidden between the mountains and the hotel’s unique greenery.
RECONNECT WITH NATURE
The hotel’s unique location offers direct access to the Table Mountain National Park for guests to take in some fresh air and enjoy spectacular views. The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa has designed a series of outdoor activities for guests to make the most of this World Heritage Site: take a hike in the pristine nature reserve guided by one of the hotel’s staff thanks to the complimentary Sports Buddies program, enjoy a scenic bicycle ride from the hotel to Chapman’s Peak along one of the world’s most beautiful stretches of road, set up your yoga mat in the most quiet and beautiful natural environment, have a delicious picnic hamper delivered to one of the hotel’s scenic picnic spots, or explore photographic spots thanks to the hotel’s list of ShotHotspot.
INDULGE IN GOURMET TASTINGS
From Champagne breakfast overlooking the ocean to mid-day treats by the pool at the al-fresco Café Grill, locally acclaimed afternoon tea at the Leopard Bar, sundowners with live music at the same Leopard Bar and fine dining with a view at the Azure Restaurant, a stay at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa definitely is a gourmet affair.
55 rooms and 15 suites, including categories such as the Classic Room overlooking the mountains, Milkwood Room, Mountain Facing Room, Luxury Room, Superior Sea Facing Room, One Bedroom Suite, Sea Facing Suite, Presidential Suite, and Grand Master Suite.
WHAT WE LOVE
- The hotel is a breathtaking peaceful heaven on earth
- The B|Africa range, which uses native African plants, is used for spa treatments and as in room-amenities
- All the bedrooms and suites are individually decorated and come with an outdoor space (terrace, sunken lounge or balcony)
- Food and wine are a very serious business at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The hotel is approximatively a 15-20-minute drive away from Cape Town’s city center
- There is a free shuttle service to Cape Town’s city center and the close neighborhood of Camps Bay where guests can enjoy restaurants by the sea and discover one of the city’s most popular beaches
- The hotel operates an intimate 16-seater private cinema and plays five movies a day
- The concierge team can suggest and arrange a wide array of activities ranging from child-friendly ones, such as an excursion to the penguin colony of Boulders Beach, to adrenaline-inducing activities, such as whale and dolphin watching (1/10 adrenaline factor), ziplining (7/10 adrenaline factor) or great white shark diving (10/10 adrenaline factor)
There are two outside pools, a heated infinity one overlooking the ocean and the rock pool with views of the Twelve Apostles mountain range, with bar service for guests.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
Guests dress in relaxed clothing.
WHEN YOU SHOULD GO
High season is from September to April.
Rooms start at US$408 per night during low season (May to August) and US$490 per night during high season.
THE TWELVE APOSTLES HOTEL AND SPA
+27 21 437 9000