Located in Dehradun, India, Vana strives to search for equilibrium, learning and the inner journey. Vana means forest and those that take abode within it are Vanavasis. Vana is beyond conventional understanding while it aspires to create a thoughtful balance. Explore a spiritual healing holiday in Vana and reap all the benefits!
Vana is a refuge from the dukkha (suffering) of everyday life, imbued with wisdom, wellness, learning and giving. Offering a wide range of retreat programs with yoga, meditation, cuisine lessons, functional fitness, talks, music, Vana is your go-to to aid your wellness journey to a long-term physical and spiritual transformation.
The entire space is designed with muted, soothing tones. All these structures reflect its commitment to sustainability. Vana is built with eco-materials where possible, including bamboo flooring, FSC certified wood and certified organic linen. Vana is also conscious of energy optimisation, with special efforts put in place to manage water and waste as effectively as possible.
66 rooms and 16 suites, all on the estate, peer into the ancient sal forest or gardens and fruit orchards. All rooms come with balconies or terraces.
Specific spa treatments and raga therapy provoke relaxation. Treatments and techniques that induce deeper rest are available after your arrival wellness consultation.
WHAT WE LOVE
- Vana is peaceful, serene, lush, a place to think and be. It is like a Zen university-like campus, a spiritual oasis for those who are in search of a peaceful mind, body and soul.
- Vana’s approach to each Vanavasi recognises their uniqueness, with a personalised program, that is open to iteration. Customized treatments, sessions and activities bring healing, vitality and learning.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Treatments, consultations and private sessions are booked only after your arrival wellness consultation at Vana and cannot be booked in advance.
- Mobile phones, tablets, smart phones, smart watches and personal computers may be used in the rooms only. They are not to be used in any shared or outdoor space. No photography is allowed at Vana, except within the privacy of your room. Consider it to be a technology detox.
- Guests must be 16 years of age or above.
TRAVEL IN STYLE
Casual, comfortable and Zen outfits.
WHEN YOU SHOULD GO
Vana follows the six traditional ritus (seasons) – Vasanta (spring), Grishma (summer), Varsha (monsoon), Sharad (autumn), Hemanta (pre-winter) and Shishira (winter). Each brings its own unique character, energy and grace.
Rates vary depending on the retreat type. A Vana Wellness retreat in a Garden/Forest room starts at US$489 per night, in a Forest/Bodhi Suite at US$713 per night.
(+91) 135 3911111