Located on the northern tip of Qatar, just a 1-hour drive from Doha’s city centre and a 90-minute drive from Hamad International Airport, Zulal Wellness Resort aims to inspire positive and sustainable lifestyle change across two distinct wellness experiences, Zulal Serenity and Zulal Discovery. Zulal Serenity is a child-free oasis designed for reflective and mindful wellbeing journeys while Zulal Discovery invites guests of all ages, particularly families, to reconnect and explore the joys of healthy living through a wellness lifestyle.
Encompassing 280,000 square metres, Zulal Wellness Resort is conceived as a one-of-a-kind wellness property, offering healing modalities from Traditional Arabic and Islamic Medicine (TAIM). The health and wellness modalities are created from a fusion of ancient traditions and evidence-based wellness practices. The core values of Zulal Wellness Resort are rooted in a finely prescribed holistic approach to medicine based upon Ibn Sina’s philosophy of health and longevity. Zulal Wellness Resort will resonate wellness aficionados keen to experience a new and unique offering of world class wellness solutions and education, including those who seek holistic wellness knowledge and optimal wellbeing. In addition to the adult sanctuary at Zulal Serenity, the property offers a wellness-focused family resort, Zulal Discovery, which facilitates the learning of wellness principles and lifestyle by encouraging the parents and children to learn, and live wellness, together.
PHILOSOPHY AND SUSTAINABILITY
Zulal Wellness Resort is the first wellness destination in the Middle East to fully embrace the philosophy of (TAIM). Each guest undergoes a personal consultation with a health and wellness advisor who will devise a bespoke retreat programme tailored to their unique requirements whether that may be a physical, mental, or emotional wellness transformation.
Based on Chiva Som’s renowned six pillars of wellness – fitness, physiotherapy, aesthetic beauty, spa, holistic health, nutrition – the entire resort is dedicated to helping you reach optimum wellbeing through sustainable lifestyle change.
Zulal Wellness Resort is also committed to minimising the impact on the environment and therefore refrains from using resources that are not sustainable, making a conscious effort to recycle where possible. As a 100% single-use plastic free facility, all guests are asked to give up any items such as disposable water bottles when checking-in. Sustainable development is at the heart of Zulal’s ethos, whether that is through supporting guests in their pursuit of optimal wellbeing or boosting the local ecosystem.
Zulal Wellness Resort is committed to improving air quality and fostering a favourable environment for local marine biodiversity, which includes blue crabs, flamingos and sea turtles. One such initiative is the Mangrove Education Centre, found at the resort’s beachfront walkway overlooking the calm shallow waters of Qatar’s northern coast. Here, guests of all ages can learn how best to care for our precious marine wildlife through fun activities such as mangrove planting and beach clean ups.
Zulal Wellness Resort is home to two separate spa facilities dedicated to adults at Zulal Serenity and Zulal Discovery, both divided into separate male and female sections, while Discovery Oasis features four treatment rooms for kids to enjoy treatments with their parents.
The extensive facilities and services include two female spas and two male spas spread across 17,000 SQM, 96 treatment and therapy rooms, including colonic therapy rooms, separate male and female hammam facilities, Ayurvedic rooms, infra-red sauna, Shiatsu rooms, a Watsu pool, cardio resistance and strength training gym, functional fitness studio, a reformer Pilates studio, movement studios and consultation rooms. Guests can avail of 14 retreat programmes and 400 treatments.
The dedicated physiotherapy pavilion features seven physio treatment rooms, a studio hosting the only Gyrotonic apparatus in the Middle East and the only Neurac facility in the Middle East.
WHAT WE LOVE
- We love that Zulal Wellness Resort offers both onsite resident health and wellness practitioners and visiting practitioners from around the world offering you the best of both worlds.
- The relaxation facilities at Zulal Wellness Resort are next level. The separate male and female hammam facilities mirror each other and both sides offer an arctic cave, sauna, steam room, Himalayan salt therapy room, indoor hydrotherapy circuit, experience showers, outdoor pools, and hammam facilities.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- With more than 400 treatments and activities available, Zulal Wellness Resort offers 14 wellness retreats across Zulal Discovery and Zulal Serenity. So, make sure to look carefully for what suits you best.
- The family wellness component goes beyond the traditional kids’ club. Children are engaged with age-appropriate activities, including outdoor pursuits, arts, crafts, sports, and games, while parents can enjoy restorative wellness therapies.
- Upon arrival you will have a personal health and wellness consultation during which you can tailor your booked programme to your personal needs.
Serenity has 60 rooms and suites consisting of Serenity Grand Deluxe Room, Serenity Junior Suite, Shinan Suite and the Qataf Suite.
Zulal Discovery offers 120 rooms including the Discovery Executive Suite, Discovery Junior Suite, Discovery Deluxe Garden View Rooms, Discovery Deluxe Rooms, and the Discovery Superior Rooms
Discovery Deluxe Lagoon View with full reteat programme starting from $470 USD per night with minimum length of stay, 2 nights.
Discovery Full Retreat inclusions:
- Consultation with Health & Wellness Advisor upon arrival
- Three wellness cuisine meals served per night of stay
- Choice of one daily treatment, choose from: invigorating massage, oriental scalp massage, signature full body Tadleek massage, signature relaxing Al Qadam (foot massage)
- Choice of additional treatments depend on length of stay
- Access to gymnasium, fitness, and leisure activities
- Access to the wellness centre facilities including, hydrothermal area, sauna, steam room and outdoor pool.
- Complimentary in-room amenities and wellness mini-bar
- Daily laundry services for three pieces of sports attire
Full Serenity Retreat staying in a Grand Deluxe Room with all programme inclusions starts from $785 USD per night, with a minimum length of stay of 3 nights.
ZULAL WELLNESS RESORT BY CHIVA-SOM
Madinat ash Shamal
Al Ruwais, Qatar
+974 4477 6500